Road trip season is here! Now is a great time to remember to give your vehicle a little extra TLC and ensure that it is ready for that special family vacation. A thorough vehicle inspection can help keep your car safe, durable and dependable – and it can also help you avoid much higher costs down the road.
Here are some tips to ensure that your car and your family are prepared for your next adventure.
- Check all fluids, including engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- Check the hoses and belts to make sure they are not cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or showing signs of excessive wear.
- Check the battery and replace if necessary. Make sure the connection is clean, tight and corrosion free. Battery Giant Rochester Hills will test your battery for FREE! Come in and see us today!
- Check the brake system annually and have the brake linings, rotors and drums inspected at each oil change.
- Inspect the exhaust system for leaks, damage and broken supports or hangers if there is an unusual noise. Exhaust leaks can be dangerous and must be corrected without delay.
- Schedule a tune-up to help the engine deliver the best balance of power and fuel economy and produce the lowest level of emissions.
- Check the heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system, as proper heating and cooling performance is critical for interior comfort and for safety reasons such as defrosting.
- Inspect the steering and suspension system annually including shock absorbers, struts and chassis parts such as ball joints, tie rod ends and other related components.
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check the wipers and lighting so that you can see and be seen. Ensure that all interior and exterior lighting is working properly and replace worn wiper blades so you can see clearly when driving during precipitation.
We’re happy to test your car or truck batteries for FREE – no appointment necessary. Stop in and see us today!